BlazeMedia, LLC. is seeking a superstar Weekend Editor who is a self-starter with a deep understanding of the evolving digital news industry and a successful background in covering the national media landscape in a fast-paced newsroom.
This position will report to the Managing Editor. This is a work-from-home position.
You are highly motivated in everything you do. You have a meticulous work ethic and are relentlessly attentive to detail. You have excellent language and communications skills. You maintain high-quality in your work, while meeting tight deadlines. Pressure drives you to excel. You don’t just talk the talk; you execute with a vengeance. Nothing is impossible.
· Using strong news judgement, identify stories and topics/trends important to Blaze Media’s audience
· Coordinate all aspects of front page coverage on weekends including story selection, editing, headline writing, story placement, and social media posting
· Assist in developing creative ideas to produce original and exclusive content, including digital video
· In collaboration with the Managing Editor, assist with executing social media strategy
· Help cover breaking news events and rapidly disseminate up-to-date information on various social media accounts
· Make informed, sometimes fast-paced news desk decisions
· Perform additional job duties and responsibilities as assigned, based on company need.
· At least 3 years of related experience, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in digital media
· Proven track record of strong news judgement and social media proficiency
· Extensive knowledge of AP style and basic journalistic guidelines, principles and ethics
· Proven ability to coach and train employees to improve performance and develop talent
· Ability to help reach new audiences and create productive, long-term relationships with readers
Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent, relevant work experience
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
About Blaze Media
Blaze Media is news and entertainment for people who love America. As one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing alternative media companies, Blaze Media engages over 64 million people each month through our various media assets, which include Blaze News, BlazeTV, Blaze Live, Blaze Radio, Blaze Podcasts, and our highly engaged social media channels.
Blaze Media is unapologetically pro-America and pro-free speech, and although the views of our many hosts and writers are varied and diverse, our opinions tend to fall somewhere on the center-right to right of the modern American political spectrum.