PragerU is the world’s leading conservative nonprofit that is focused on changing minds through the creative use of digital media. Taking full advantage of today’s technology and social media, we educate millions of Americans and young people about the values that make America great.
As we scale, we are looking for our first User Experience Designer for both web and mobile products. This role will be based out of our LA HQ, but open to hybrid arrangements. Position will report to our Chief Technology Officer. We want someone who thinks/plans ahead for a growing organization that can help plan out our online layouts 3-, 6- and 12-months from now based on all the content we have planned for release.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with internal teams (technology, marketing/design, community programs) to understand stakeholder needs and present the most effective wireframe and design solutions (storyboards, sitemaps, screen flows)
- Live and breathe user flow/user interface and experience; work with teams to improve and optimize and come up with your own innovative solutions/flows as you learn our product offering more
- Areas of focus may include content, controls, visual design and development, information architecture, user research, branding and customer/technical support
- Develop personas and usage scenarios
- Analyze user feedback and activity, and iterate to enhance user experience
- Understanding of prototyping methodologies, user research methodologies, and A/B test planning/execution
- Solid understanding of graphic design, web technologies, and wireframing tools. A good grasp of design programs and tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, Zeplin, etc is also necessary
- Can be self-directed when needed, but also drive collaboration when best
- Superb communication, time-management and process-management skills
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in customer-facing apps with a strong emphasis on visual or interaction design, specifically User Experience (UX/UI) Design.
- Strong passion for our cause, mission/values and products
- A portfolio of examples or case studies of previous UX projects from sketching big picture flows during discovery brainstorms, to generating true-to-size screen designs.
How to Apply: To apply, please first review our website at www.prageru.com. Please submit a resume, portfolio, and cover letter. In your cover letter, include a section explaining how your values align with ours, and why you would want to specifically work at PragerU.
What We Do: We promote American values through the creative use of educational videos that reach millions of people online. Serving all ages, our content offers a free alternative to the dominant left-wing ideology in culture, media, and education. Whether you’re searching for a deeper understanding, a new perspective, or a way to get involved, PragerU helps people think and live better. To learn more about PragerU, visit http://prageru.com.
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
With 5 billion video views and counting, PragerU has become the most influential online resource for explaining the values that have made America great. Utilizing digital media and sophisticated marketing, PragerU reaches millions of people every day with short educational videos that promote American values.
The mission of PragerU is to influence culture through digital content that advances Americanism.