Location: Manhattan NYC, NY
Remote work: Hybrid
Job Type: Full-time
The Trust and Safety Analyst is a key member of the Trust and Safety & Customer Success unit, a collaborative business unit responsible for: policy design and policy implementation relating to reviews of user-generated content (“UGC”); legal/regulatory compliance; management of customer support systems; implementation and oversight of customer support policies and practices; and data collection that may inform user experience improvements and product design choices.
The Trust and Safety Analyst assists in the implementation and refinement of the user-generated content review function and legal/regulatory compliance function by: serving as the initial internal point of contact for external reviewers carrying out reviews of UGC; producing ad-hoc and recurring analyses and reports relating to user activity; assisting in data collection tasks in connection with UGC reviews and other Trust and Safety compliance reviews, as well as law enforcement and legal / regulatory inquiries; and assisting in onboarding, training, and supporting third-party UGC reviewers.
Additionally, the Trust and Safety Analyst serves as a resource to the Director of Trust and Safety & Customer Success, and in turn to the company’s executive team, by: providing insight into user-generated content trends; assisting with timely and appropriate responses to legal and regulatory inquiries; and ensuring that third-party vendors abide by the company’s policies relating to user-generated content, in support of the company’s commitment to providing a first-class legally compliant free speech social media platform.
The successful candidate will contribute to the rapid development of the Trust and Safety group, will serve as an integral part of the Trust and Safety & Customer Success unit, and will report to the Director of Trust and Safety & Customer Success.
Challenges You Will Solve
– Assist in all aspects of third-party UGC reviewer onboarding, training, and oversight alongside the Director of Trust and Safety & Customer Success.
– Conduct monthly or quarterly reviews of UGC reviewer manuals / matrixes and assist in drafting and revising operating manuals.
– Collect data from internal and external business partners.
– Assist in updating and maintaining regulatory / law enforcement response records and assist with document management efforts generally.
– Review and suggest improvements to quality assurance reports and trend reports relating to user-generated content, and submit reports to the Director of Trust and Safety & Customer Success / the executive leadership team.
– Carry out data removal and data production requests for users and other stakeholders with short turnaround times.
– Participate in an on-call rotation and provide back-up support upon request.
– Minimum of three years of work experience, ideally in law, regulatory compliance, government affairs, policymaking, or related fields.
– Ability to handle highly sensitive matters with discretion.
– Ability to abide by stringent confidentiality expectations and requirements, including in situations in which such expectations and requirements are mandated by law, regulation, court order, industry standards, and/or company policy.
– Extremely strong attention to detail; highly organized.
– Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
– Deep commitment to free speech values.
– Strict adherence to, and promotion of, data security / cybersecurity best practices.
– Demonstrated ability to meet a demanding work schedule (especially in initial three to six months) in a professional office environment.
– Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum GPA of 3.5+ (humanities / social sciences degrees) / 3.0+ (STEM degrees) / 3.3+ (mixed/dual concentration degrees), and/or law degree.
– Strong interest in legal and regulatory compliance, especially relating to emerging industries and the technology sector.
– Experience in working with third-party / external vendors, service providers, and contractors.
– Experience in training or overseeing junior staff and/or third-party / external vendors, service providers, and contractors.
– A mindset of continuous improvement for operational excellence.
– Robust experience with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and other office productivity tools.
– Experience in working collaboratively with various teams throughout an organization to troubleshoot and solve problems.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary to produce and process documents relating to policy analysis and regulatory compliance.
– Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and a solution-oriented disposition.
– Availability for participation in pre-scheduled on-call rotation, and to provide on-call / back-up support as needed.
– Willingness to serve a minimum two-year commitment.
– 401(k) with 4% employer match
– Paid holidays and generous paid time off
– Free nationwide insurance coverage includes medical, dental and vision; employees pay % contribution if they choose to upgrade their plan and/or add their spouse and children
– Parental leave
– Lunch provided and ordered fresh daily!
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
GETTR is one of the fastest-growing social media technology platforms. As a fast-paced start-up, we embody the essence of an entrepreneurial spirit, which means every member of the organization plays an integral role in the development and evolution of the organization. Join us as we work towards a better tomorrow, together.