The Staff Accountant assists the Controller in maintaining the accuracy of company financial records and providing timely reporting to internal and external users of the financial information.
- Analyzing complex financial reports and records
- Making recommendations based on analysis and status of reserves, assets and expenditures
- Training and mentoring junior staff
- Performing variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with interdisciplinary teams
- Documenting and monitoring internal controls in support of company policy and procedures
- Provide help to accounts payable and payroll personnel with software/accounting issues
- Review of monthly bank account reconciliations
- Preparation and/or review of various account reconciliations
- Preparation of reports for monthly/quarterly loan compliance
- Preparation of schedules for annual audits/reviews/compilations
- Preparation of information for annual tax returns
- Posting journal entries in accounting software
- Review of community financial statements in preparation for monthly close
- Maintaining accurate fixed asset records for all companies
- Responding to requests for certain information from internal sources as well as external sources such as the IRS, DOL, US Census Bureau, etc.
- Depending on prior experience, some supervisory duties may be assigned.
- Ability to think strategically and to help formulate and drive strategic business improvements proactively
- Disciplined and must have unwavering integrity and high ethical standards
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Strategic Vision and Leadership Skills
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Excellent communications skills
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Results oriented with a strong work ethic
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting with some time in production and warehouse environments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with a disability in order to perform these duties. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Must be able to work extended hours as needed, to include weekends and holidays.
Occasional travel is possible for this position (e.g., annual physical inventory support).
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, required; CPA a plus.
- Corporate accounting: minimum of 2 years experience, preferred.
Grunt Style provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Grunt Style complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
About Grunt Style
At Grunt Style, what you wear is more than just a necessity, it’s about attitude! We have taken the fighting American spirit and instilled it in everything we do. We provide more just than apparel, we bolster a lifestyle. We take pride in Self, Military and Country and we live our values. We are looking for passionate, hard working individuals to join our growing company of nearly 300 veterans and patriots.
We are Grunt Style and This We'll Defend