Title: Social media Editor, The Daily Signal
Reports to: Editor in Chief And Director, The Daily Signal
Job Summary: The Social Media Editor oversees the social media presence of The Daily Signal, the news outlet of The Heritage Foundation. Pair a journalism background with a strong understanding of and experience in social media and create original content for social media platforms.
- Oversees The Daily Signal’s presence on social media platforms, and in collaboration with editor in chief, develops and implements a social media strategy that optimizes Daily Signal’s reach and influence.
- Writes and schedules social media posts for Daily Signal.
- Writes scripts for and appears in videos, as well as Instagram stories
- Working with creative team, oversees creation of original graphics for Daily Signal social media channels and site.
- Collaborates closely with Multimedia team to ensure Heritage and Daily Signal social media strategies are supporting each other, and determine release strategy for videos.
- Produce weekly analytics report on Daily Signal social media performance, and regularly recommend concepts to test or try out to maximize audience reach and impact.
- Collaborate closely with Daily Signal team to ensure timely promotion of content, as well as advise on how to maximize content’s social media reach.
- Advise Daily Signal journalists on content creation for social media sites.
- Build and maintain sharing partnerships with other news sites and conservative organizations.
- Help Daily Signal journalists develop followings on key social media sites.
- Track closely what’s buzzing on social media and share that information with Daily Signal team.
- Stay current with digital trends, and regularly propose changes to social strategy that reflect those trends.
- Represent Daily Signal at appropriate media conferences and functions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 3 or more years of journalism experience; digital experience preferred
Communication: Excellent editing and writing skills, attention to detail, strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
Technology: Microsoft Office and Outlook, WordPress
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and The Daily Signal’s team’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize them, and deliver first-rate work.
- Able to think creatively and innovatively, and use data to inform strategy.
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
About The Heritage Foundation
Every day, The Heritage Foundation is building an America where freedom, opportunity, prosperity, and civil society flourish. Heritage’s mission is to formulate and promote public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense.