Blaze Media is looking for a Social Media Coordinator who publishes content to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. This position is for people who have an understanding and a knack for great content, has their finger on the pulse of news, political, entertainment and pop culture, knows how to craft memes and is following social media trends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and post content from TheBlaze across Facebook pages, Twitter and Instagram
- Coordinate with partner publishers on content swap and sharing schedule
- Amplify show content from show creators on Twitter and Instagram
- Monitor website traffic and take measures to ensure site traffic is maintained
- Keep active presence on Twitter / Reddit for breaking stories and general news to advise news team
- Maintain understanding and enforcement of social media best practices and community guidelines, especially YouTube and Facebook
- Coordinate with fellow social media team members and show producers on content ideas, posting schedules, and best practice adherence
- Monitor and report page / platform performance
- Thorough understanding of best practices and community guidelines for Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- Understands the ins and outs of Twitter Media Studio, Facebook’s Creator Studio
- News junkie
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Deep understanding of news and internet culture
- Takes direction well and executes in a timely fashion
- Can work well independently and with a team
- Video editing a plus
Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent, relevant work experience.
We love our people and we’re building one of the best places to work in America. We have a driven, team-focused work culture that works hard and plays hard. Build your career at a fully functioning movie, television and radio studio, home to the production of shows including Robocop, JFK, Silkwood, Prison Break and Walker Texas Ranger.
Generous health, prescription, dental and vision insurance
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
About Blaze Media
Blaze Media is news and entertainment for people who love America. As one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing alternative media companies, Blaze Media engages over 64 million people each month through our various media assets, which include Blaze News, BlazeTV, Blaze Live, Blaze Radio, Blaze Podcasts, and our highly engaged social media channels.
Blaze Media is unapologetically pro-America and pro-free speech, and although the views of our many hosts and writers are varied and diverse, our opinions tend to fall somewhere on the center-right to right of the modern American political spectrum.