Alliance Defending Freedom is looking for a highly motivated Senior Program Manager, Fundraising to join us in our Scottsdale, AZ office or from a remote home office. As the Senior Program Manager of Fundraising, you are responsible for the execution of ongoing ministry campaigns through various direct response marketing channels, following the defined process for each channel of communication; review, edit, and approve direct mail and telemarketing communications to donors; closely manage the schedule and budget for each job; work with the internal team, team of freelancers, and vendors to ensure that the process has been followed and projects are completed on time and on budget; training and onboarding new team members; and leading a team that is responsible for direct mail and telemarketing execution.
In addition, the Senior Program Manager (SPM) should intentionally grow in their knowledge of direct response fundraising and strategy. SPM should assist in defining the strategic direction for each campaign, participate in data selection (model) process and provide input to increase outcomes, and participate in ideation meetings for new creative approaches/kits for cultivation and acquisition.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Ensures that projects are started on schedule, and stay on schedule, using process templates and software approved by ADF
- Manages written projects (appeals, newsletters, prospectus, etc.) by assigning tasks and deadlines to internal staff, freelancers, and vendors using Wrike
- Working with the Director of Direct Mail & Telemarketing, monitors a team of freelancers (writers, designers, proofers, data, etc.) by reviewing their copy and graphic designs and suggesting changes and edits to ensure industry standards are met and that the package content fulfills the overall strategic goals as laid out in the campaign brief and project summary
- Provide approval at different stages of the direct mail and telemarketing processes
- Monitors the budget and revenue goals for the assigned projects, reports back on them, and adjustments as needed, helping Director ensure that income and expense goals are met.
- Processes invoices from vendors after ensuring costs are in alignment with estimates; reconciles total job at the end of production. Determines if certain activities within this process are best delegated to coordinator.
- Coordinates and schedules planning meetings for each project assigned to the Program Manager, including sending meeting invitations and reserving rooms
- Lead the bi-weekly status meeting, weekly data meeting, and weekly production meeting
- Continuously monitor and update the Wrike project cycle templates as needed
- Looks for ways to reduce the mail and telemarketing project cycles and make improvement suggestions to Director which will allow Ministry Friend communication to be timely and relevant based on current events
- Manages any changes to the Project Summary document and keeps the project cycle schedule up to date
- Accurately documents and communicates all notes and decisions in meetings to ensure that all team members have a clear understanding of the agreed direction for the project or campaign
- Completes other project documentation as needed during the process; for example, project summary, data select requests, postage requests, data preparation instructions
- Closely monitors the print production process to ensure the timely delivery of the project by the drop date
- Lead the execution of any emergency/urgent campaigns that are outside the impact calendar schedule
- Hires and trains new program managers and program coordinators, by delegating appropriately to each and providing feedback for individual growth
- Attend on-going education for direct response fundraising as needed
As a Team Leader, you will:
- Act as a servant leader by training, encouraging, coaching, and developing your Team Members.
- Foster a spirit of trust and of innovation on your team.
- Regularly communicate with Director of Mail and Telemarketing about any challenges to the process, questions about strategy, and clarification of roles and responsibilities between SPM and Director.
- Meet regularly with your Team Members to discuss their progress and complete Career Path Discussions.
- Approve PTO requests, timecards, and expense reports.
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
- You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
- The work and mission of ADF
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent English grammar, spelling, punctuation and normal usage
- Direct response fundraising techniques
- Process and strategy of new donor acquisition
- Multi-channel marketing campaign planning
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Project Management
- Using data to make decisions
- Multivariate testing
- Oversee existing processes as well as the ability to help determine future processes that will improve direct marketing efficiencies
- Maintain partnerships with various vendors and freelancers
- Manage projects, meet deadlines, and stay within budget parameters
- Communicate both orally and in writing on a highly professional level to a variety of constituencies, including Director, team members, other departments within ADF, freelancers and vendors
- Think analytically and strategically
- Be a disciplined self-starter who regularly sets and achieves work goals
- Coordinate large amounts of information simultaneously
- Function confidentially and diplomatically
- Use proper phone etiquette
- Calmly and efficiently seek solutions to issues
- Work cooperatively, creatively, and proactively with a virtual (remote) team
- Use current technology including, but not limited to – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Google systems, Wrike, Tableau, Zoom, and ADF’s data systems, etc.
- Travel as needed
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or Communication or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of direct experience with at least 2 years of experience working in direct response fundraising
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ORGANIZATION WITH A COMPETITIVE
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE, TOO?
We have it! Alliance Defending Freedom offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes major medical insurance, dental care, medical and dependent care reimbursement, paid disability, long-term care insurance, and life insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match. Work and life balance is important to the well-being of our team members. You will receive paid time off (PTO) that starts accruing from your hire date and 11 paid holidays per year.
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
About Alliance Defending Freedom
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith. ADF was launched in 1994 by a large group of Christian ministry leaders with one mission in mind: to keep the doors open for the Gospel by advocating for religious liberty, the sanctity of life, and marriage and family.