- 5+ years of professional software development with modern programming languages (Python, Java, C++, C#, or especially Golang)
- Practical experience building search APIs with a focus on relevance and performance
Nice to Have:
- Statistics and linear algebra background
- Experience with vector search and machine learning preferred
- Experience in Python and other scripting languages
- Experience with large-scale data ingestion and analysis
- Elasticsearch, Solr, or Lucene experience
- Data manipulation and ETL experience
- Data engineering (vectorization, classification, knowledge graphs, clustering)
- Experience with or interest in recommendation engines
- Experience with or interest in query understanding engines
- Cloud and container development experience (Kubernetes, Docker, and Azure)
- Experience developing secure applications in a cloud environment
- Experience with continuous delivery, testing, security practices, and disaster recovery
Looking for people who like to work in a collaborative environment and are willing to both teach and learn.
We are a mission-oriented organization that needs candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset that can independently solve challenges while building for the future.
What you provide:
- Drive for excellence: You constantly consider, “How can I keep making things better?”
- Operational excellence. You write code with a solid understanding of operational requirements.
- Security first: You know what it takes to build and operate secure software.
- Keeping calm and carrying on: navigating through product outages, identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and figuring out the root cause of incidents.
- Self-directed: able to understand overall product goals and work with minimal direction to further those goals within the larger team
What we provide:
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest.
- 100% remote work from anywhere. Opportunity to attend in-person gatherings periodically for company strategy discussions and fun team building activities.
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
Google, Amazon, Microsoft and Facebook have too much power over the information we see. We can hardly search, buy a product, or send a message without using their technology. We’re seeing the world they way they want us to see it.
America needs something better. We need a company that gives us information without influence. We need a company that understands the heartland of America. We need a company like Freespoke.