CaucusRoom is looking for a midlevel to senior software engineer to develop and improve on our software products. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Develop user-facing React components to interact with server-side APIs, especially GraphQL
- Build reusable components and front-end tooling for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimize components with a mobile-first perspective to maximize compatibility across devices
- Effective communication is of utmost importance in our highly distributed, cross-team startup environment
- Thorough understanding of React. and its core principles
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with Git
- Experience with developing server-side with node.js and GraphQL is a huge plus
- IT and Linux sysadmin skills are highly valued, especially in terms of automation tooling such as continuous integration & testing
- Familiarity with MongoJS and Postgres database engines
CaucusRoom is an online community for conservatives to gather, encourage and organize locally. Based in Golden, CO, our company is a seed-stage startup with over 110,000 accounts nationally. We've got a small but growing team that loves to learn and support one another's professional goals. In the past two years, CaucusRoom hosted over 100 GOP nominating conventions and assemblies live virtually on our platform, as well as hundreds of campaigns and causes seeking an organizing alternative to Big Social.