ROLE: Project Coordinator / Business Intelligence & Analytics
- AREAS OF FOCUS: Project coordination; project scheduling; data collection; analysis; reporting
- LOCATION: Remote/telecommute
- TYPE: Full-time, Salary (exempt)
- SALARY: DOE
- OTHER: Travel and flexible hours as required
- FPC is looking for an experienced project coordinator or business analyst / business intelligence analyst (with a project tracking background) to help us fight for liberty by creating and maintaining overall project and initiative tracking (internal and external), scheduling/status updates, data collection, analysis / analytics, and dashboards.
- This role will be responsible for creating and maintaining the organization’s new “combat information center” (“CIC”) using a cohesive set of remote-accessible online tools and platforms, updating project/initiative/task progress, ensuring executive awareness of next-actions and issues, conducting analysis, monitoring metrics/KPIs, monitoring resource allocation, identifying and flagging potential problems and conflicts (i.e., overlapping deadlines, unbalanced resources, etc.), presenting reports, and learning about the organization’s functions (operations, programs, marketing, legal) so that, over time, you can provide actionable feedback and suggestions to executives, participate in strategic planning, and help the organization become more effective and efficient.
- We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits which currently include medical, dental, and vision insurance (99% employer paid), a 401(k) savings plan with match (100% to 5%), paid holidays and generous paid time off, short-term and long-term disability plans (100% employer paid), and opportunities to improve your skills while working with the FPC Team to #FightForward for maximal human liberty.
- This is an important role that reports directly to the president. We have high expectations—so make your best pitch. Submit your resume, a cover letter explaining why we should hire you, your salary requirements, 3 (each) professional and personal references, and at least 3 work samples that demonstrate your ability to get to work and add value from day one.
- Fight to create a world of maximal human liberty.
- Founded FPC Law, the nation’s first and largest public interest legal team focused on the right to keep and bear arms and adjacent issues, including freedom of speech, due process, unlawful searches and seizures, separation of powers, asset forfeitures, privacy, encryption, and limited government.
- Work through litigation and legal action, direct and grassroots lobbying, social media, and other strategies to restore the right to keep and bear arms, freedom of speech, and other liberties.
- Are a values-anchored culture change organization that works strategically through litigation, legal action, communities, grassroots activism, and other programs.
- Work really, really hard for a cause
- Have high expectations and demand excellence every day
- Already know what you’re doing and can start working to add value on day one
- Passionately support FPC’s Purpose, Values, and Mission
- Will bring a specific experience and a data-driven vision for how to create and maintain the new CIC
- Can run project management and analysis platforms/tools as a pro
- Get things done and do what it takes to succeed
- Take excellent notes and pay attention to detail
- Can navigate multiple personalities in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Learn quickly and think on your feet
- Thrive in a high-intensity remote-first work environment
- Aren’t afraid to have fierce debates
- Hate to lose and miss deadlines
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have at least 3 years of continuous relevant professional experience in project coordination, scheduling, and/or business analysis
- Must be able effectively work and collaborate in a remote-first environment
- Must have significant experience in and be able effectively to use MacOS/iOS devices
- Must have significant experience in and be able effectively to use project management and tracking/scheduling tools (Monday.com, Asana, Microsoft Project, or the like) as well as spreadsheets with analysis functions
- Must have significant experience in and be able effectively to use remote team collaboration tools (Slack, Google Meet/Zoom, etc.)
- Must be able to work with a variety of individuals with different personality types and get the information you need on a consistent and timely basis
- Must be able to identify the metrics and KPIs (leading and lagging) that best inform on business and programmatic progress and forecasts
- Must be able to keep up with and maintain status and awareness of a large number of projects, initiatives, and key tasks (external and internal)
- Must be able to create reports and present feedback to executives and flag key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, and issues that require resolution
- Must be able to work consistently and with high accuracy
- Must be able to learn the details of the organization’s work products and what resources are required to accomplish them effectively and efficiently
- Must be able to research solutions and provide suggestions on how to overcome obstacles and keep things on track
- Must have the ability to legally acquire and possess firearms, including handguns, and must be comfortable and safe around firearms and shooting ranges (or be willing to learn firearms safety and range etiquette);
- Must be committed to and passionate about the FPC Team’s mission
- Must have a strong work ethic and personal integrity
- Must be able to read, write, analyze and speak fluent English
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- 5+ years of project coordination/project management and/or business analysis experience
- A degree or professional certification in project management (i.e., PMP), business analysis/business analytics, business administration, or another relevant field
- A strong sense of humor
- Experience with remote work with a widely distributed team and co-workers in multiple time zones
- Experience with Slack and/or similar team communication tools
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain project tracking, scheduling, data collection, business analytics, and dashboards.
- Identify, track, and report on the proper leading and lagging KPIs/metrics.
- Collect data, perform analysis, and present reports.
- Create and maintain project, initiative, and task status and schedules/schedule updates.
- Ensure awareness of potential opportunities, issues, problems, and unbalanced resources.
- Learn about the organization’s functions and provide useful feedback and suggestions to executives.
- Ensure you continue to learn and grow professionally.
- Participate in strategic planning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This role performs duties under only general supervision. The above job description isn’t an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. You’ve been in the industry for a while. You know that we all wear many hats. In fact, if you didn’t love that, you probably wouldn’t be applying for this job.
Remote work note: Work location is flexible if approved by the Organization, except that this position may not be performed remotely from Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, or Rhode Island.
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
About Firearms Policy Coalition
FPC is a coalition of over a million people organized to achieve maximal human liberty including the inalienable, fundamental, and individual right to keep and bear arms.