The Operations Associate at TAC plays a critical role in supporting all aspects of the nonprofit’s operations. The position is responsible for the execution of tasks and events across the range of The American Conservative’s (TAC) non-profit business and operations. The ideal candidate will be grounded in TAC’s organizing principles, will possess an aptitude for details and process, and will be driven to act without explicit guidance. The Operations Associate must act independently with an understanding of the organization’s vision and direction, while constantly communicating with teammates to ensure common understanding.
- The Operations Associate will assist the Senior Director of Operations with the regular business and operational activities of the organization
- The Operations Associate will execute key parts of the print and web magazines, ensuring sufficient payment balances, paying writers, and coordinating printing activities
- The Operations Associate will act as knowledge manager for the organization; building a system for creating flat and accessible systems of organized data, all the while executing that system him or herself
- The Operations Associate will craft and execute communications strategies which amplify the print magazine and large-event work of TAC
- As necessary, the Operations Associate will plan and execute events and programs, working cross-functionally with other departments to build successful, external-facing events
- The Operations Associate will manage office operations, supplies, design, and sustainment activities in support of an effective work environment for all staff
- The Operations Associate will craft and maintain systems for tracking business activities, such as, but not limited to, a system to ensure the firm pays invoices and bills on time
- The Operations Associate will track performance of key business metrics, including different types of revenue, website traffic, and
- The Operations Associate will log weekly expense and revenue reports, building products in advance of monthly executive budget meetings
- The Operations Associate will advocate for the mission of TAC in every conversation, correspondence, and action
- The Operations Associate will amplify TAC’s programs and content on social media, as needed.
- 1-2 years experience in nonprofit or business operations. Bachelor’s degree and liberal arts background are preferred, but not required.
- Have strong alignment with “Main Street” conservatism.
- Be committed to advancing TAC’s mission and vision.
- Be extremely well-organized, detail-oriented, systematic, and resourceful.
- Demonstrate proficiency in building and maintaining systems
- Able to establish trust and strong working relationships with colleagues, institutional partners, and other stakeholders.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Enjoy identifying inefficiencies and developing solutions.
- Be motivated by taking initiative and driving success.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to TAC Senior Director of Operations, Will Thibeau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
About The American Conservative
The future of American conservatism is bright—and that future is being defined, defended, and delivered by The American Conservative, an institution devoted to “recapturing the flag of the conservative movement” through quality print and web journalism, conferences and debates, and forming the minds of the next generation of American leaders.