We’re looking for an experienced Copywriter & Content Strategist to join our Marketing team. In this role you’ll get to shape the brand voice of Brave; author for an audience of millions on both brave.com and major press outlets; and tell the story of Brave’s industry-leading software engineering & privacy research.
As the Copywriter & Content Strategist, you’ll be responsible for writing short- and long-form content for our website and blog; mentoring technical teams in creating distilled, accessible summaries of their work; editing or ghostwriting for those teams; managing the Brave blog editorial calendar and collaborating on blog design / UX changes; and helping to drive brand awareness, brave.com traffic, and conversions of that traffic into meaningful downloads.
The ideal candidate will have top-notch writing and editing chops; a passion for web privacy and web3 / crypto / blockchain; be highly comfortable working in a fast-growing startup, wearing multiple hats, and juggling a variety of writing, editing, and content strategy goals; and be a self-starter who doesn’t need tons of hand holding or oversight.
- 5-10+ years of experience writing for SaaS / consumer software
- A portfolio demonstrating both short- and long-form work, across multiple channels
- Proven ability to write in a variety of voices & tones, for various audiences (B2B, B2C, general public, et al.)
- Comfort writing for a variety of outlets, including web copy, blog, digital news, print, social, and UX / UI
- Ability to edit / mentor other writers and non-writers
- Track record of maintaining an editorial calendar, aligning writing projects to company goals, and driving meaningful (read: non-junk) KPIs that help the business grow
- Undergraduate degree in writing, marketing, communications, or similar
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with markdown
- Working knowledge of SEO and ASO, and ability to adapt writing based on SEO / ASO insights
- Experience writing for tech journals or other news outlets
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Highly competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And we’re just getting started. Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us what’s true and what’s not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!