We are looking for a Marketing Copy Editor that is not afraid to learn new things and challenge themselves. So, if you are a passionate self-starter and eager to make an impact in this ever-growing space, we encourage you to apply today!
Why work at U.S. LawShield?
- Nation’s largest defense for self-defense organizations with 700,000+ members and 6,000+ industry partners in 46 states
- 15 days of paid time off per calendar year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and additional supplemental coverages
- Free U.S. LawShield membership for all eligible employees
We are looking for a dedicated and meticulous copy editor/proofreader to work within our Legal/Quality Control department. The Marketing Copy Editor will be responsible for ensuring the highest quality of all marketing materials for U.S. LawShield, including websites, brochures, social media posts, product information, blogs, newsletters, and more before publishing. This position will involve time-sensitive proofreading requests in a fast-paced team environment. The Proofreader will copy edit and proofread not only for comprehension, spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, usage, consistency, and brand voice but also for legal accuracy and compliance.
- Reviews projects for content, structure, design composition, spelling, grammar, and content cohesion, including company style
- Reviews and analyzes marketing material for potential legal risks and regulatory requirements
- Makes suggestions for copy edits during the review of proofs; edits or re-writes copy as needed
- Contacts appropriate resources to verify accuracy of facts; calls phone numbers, tests email links, and checks web links on proofs to verify accuracy
- Ensures quality and consistency in usage and layout
- Reviews copy within the individual piece for consistency with other campaign elements, ensuring work adheres to company brand standards
- Excellent attention to detail
- Expert grammatical, mechanical, and spelling skills
- Ability to effectively communicate to team members and leaders across the organization
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines, and multi-task under pressure
- Must be able to provide constructive critique with diplomacy and tact
- Must be able to take the initiative to communicate potential problems and/or concerns promptly
- Must be proficient and have extensive experience sifting through large amounts of content
- Knowledge and/or deep appreciation for self-defense rights, law-abiding gun ownership, the U.S. Constitution, and founding principles of the U.S.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or Marketing desired
- At least 3-5 years of experience in copy editing and/or proofreading in a high-volume corporate publishing environment preferred
- Experience and knowledge of legal issues, preferred
Please note: candidates may be asked to copy edit and proofread sample copy as part of the interview process
About U.S. LawShield
Since 2009, the mission of U.S. LawShield remains unchanged. We believe in Preserving Freedom for Good™ by educating our 700,000+ members and 6,000+ industry partners in self-defense law; empowering them to handle critical, life-threatening situations with confidence, protecting them from potential injustices in the legal system after acts of self-defense, and challenging the status quo regarding the affordability of legal defense. Our higher purpose is to create a united community of responsible individuals who believe in liberty and the inalienable right to self-defense.