Alliance Defending Freedom is looking for a highly creative Jr. Digital Writer to join us in our Scottsdale, AZ office. As a Junior Digital Writer, you are a vital part of the Communications Team. In this role, you will report to the Web Editor and SEO Manager and are responsible for writing and shaping content to meet the advocacy objectives across digital communication channels including web, email, and Docket.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Act as a frontline brand manager by shaping the audience’s perception of ADF.
- Write in a manner that is simple, concrete, and personally engaging – quickly answering why readers should care about something or how it affects them.
- Write compelling web articles to inform, inspire, and activate users through conversational and relational content.
- Write and edit a variety of content to meet the advocacy, fundraising, and communication objectives across digital communication channels, including web, email, and blog.
- Work on an as-needed basis to craft content for other ADF websites and email communications.
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
- You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Strong creative and persuasive writing skills a must.
- Taking complex information and boiling it down to powerful, engaging content that motivates people to act.
- Excellent command of English grammar and mechanics.
- Project management skills and keen attention to detail.
- Understanding of online writing principles and techniques.
- SEO best practices.
- Multitask with a strong attention to detail.
- Think creatively, problem solve, and be flexible.
- Take initiative and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Work effectively both cross-team and independently.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English or a related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in copywriting for web.
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO), website Content Management Systems (CMS), and working knowledge of basic HTML elements preferred.
In order to complete your application on our website, please also send a writing sample, preferably with links to a few published pieces, to HR@adflegal.org.
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
About Alliance Defending Freedom
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith.