The human resources coordinator will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, payroll processing assistance, health and welfare benefits and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Processes new employee onboarding and ensures all hiring documents are in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Facilitates new hire orientation and required training for all staff.
- Maintains employee records, ensures confidentiality and compliance of all required documents.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google platform or related software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field highly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of proven Human Resources experience.
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification a plus.
- Experience with the Google platform (Google Sheets/Docs/Forms) & Microsoft Office.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The HR Coordinator completes their duties during standard business hours. The job operates in a professional office environment. Occasionally the HR Coordinator will travel to attend professional meetings or trainings. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-time non-exempt position; hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
No travel is expected for this position.
Grunt Style provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Grunt Style complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
About Grunt Style
To us, what you wear is more than just a necessity to be clothed. It's about attitude! We have taken the American fighting spirit and instilled it in everything we do. You don't have to be a Veteran to wear Grunt Style, but you do have to love Freedom, Bacon and Whiskey. We provide more than apparel, we instill pride.
PRIDE IN SELF, IN MILITARY, AND IN COUNTRY!
With nearly 200 US Veterans and Patriots, our mission is to deliver the highest quality, most Patriotic apparel on the planet, straight to your front door. Backed by our unbeatable lifetime guarantee, you will always be blown away by our products, our service, and our ability to ‘Merica!