We are Rumble. United in our mission to protect a free and open internet.
Like the creators we exist to serve, our Rumble team is full of people who like to think, to question, to build, to listen, and who want to do work that will change the world.
As a team, we are:
- Focused on our mission
- Fast in our execution
- Fearless in our Pursuit
What you’ll do:
Rumble is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to be responsible for developing and designing systems and features which can encompass backend and/or frontend.
- Managing the complete software development process from conception to deployment
- Writing clean PHP code optimized for maximum speed and scalability
- Designing and implementing new systems and features.
- Developing and maintaining background tasks, which may deal with very large datasets.
- Designing efficient SQL tables and databases that meet project requirements.
- Designing and writing back-end and front-end libraries.
- Maintaining, optimizing, and upgrading older code.
- Other duties, as assigned
- 3+ years of experience with PHP
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Passionate about writing clean, fast, and efficient code
- Willingness to jump in on any project when needed
- Experience working with large databases and data sets
- Knowledge of video technologies, containers and codecs, and live streaming
- Experience with Redis and Memcached
- Experience with PHP 8
- Experience in Bash scripting
- Understanding/experience using WebSocket
- Understanding of networking
- Experience working with and configuring NGINX, SQL and other server related technologies
Rumble is an equal opportunity employer. We promote an equal playing field where everyone has the same opportunities regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time. Required to extensively talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
We are Rumble
We are for people with something to say and something to share, who believe in authentic expression, and want to control the value of their own creations.
We create technologies that are immune to cancel culture.
Because everyone benefits when we have access to more ideas, diverse opinions, and dialogue.
Join us. We are on a mission to protect a free and open internet.