Since 2009, the mission of U.S. LawShield remains unchanged. We believe in Preserving Freedom for Good™ by educating our 700,000+ members and 6,000+ industry partners in self-defense law; empowering them to handle critical, life-threatening situations with confidence, protecting them from potential injustices in the legal system after acts of self-defense, and challenging the status quo regarding the affordability of legal defense. Our higher purpose is to create a united community of responsible individuals who believe in liberty and the inalienable right to self-defense.
Why work at U.S. LawShield?
- Nation’s largest legal defense for self-defense organization with 700,000+ members and 6,000+ industry partners in 46 states
- 15 days of paid time off per calendar year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and additional supplemental coverages
- Free U.S. LawShield membership for all eligible employees
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager works closely with the CFO and undertakes all aspects of financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, and development of operating & financial plan required to achieve the company’s strategic plan. The FP&A Manager reports directly to the CFO but collaborates with the Controller and Finance Team.
- Analysis and explanation of results compared to Prior Year, Plan, and Rolling Forecast
- Update of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Preparation of Monthly Financial Package
- Preparation of monthly departmental budgets including analysis and explanation of variances
- Monthly meeting with departmental leaders to go over the departmental/financial budgets. Obtain an understanding of results, business challenges, and opportunities.
- Monthly development of the rolling forecast by working with departmental leaders to project revenue, expenses, headcount changes, capital requirements, and any other pertinent information
- Assist with the preparation of the cash forecast
- Assist with process improvements as it relates to financial planning and general accounting including automation and forecasting tools
- Assist with tax preparation and forecasting
- Assist with internal control assessment and implementation
- Ad-hoc reports for management
- Assist with the month-end close process, as necessary
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans
- Roll out financial reporting processes and templates developed by the CFO
- Expert Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, macros, etc.) and other MS Office Suite applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail with an especially analytical and audit-oriented mindset
- Creative problem solving
- Independent self-starter with a strong commitment to successful completion
- Must be able to take direction and take charge of completing projects and routine tasks
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 7+ years of recent progressively responsible experience
- Experience in Strategic Long-Term Financial Planning
- Experience in Financial Forecasting and Analysis
- Experience in Multi-entity Corporate Accounting
- Experience in restructuring and optimizing financial operations for rapid growth
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
About U.S. LawShield
U.S. LawShield® is dedicated to preserving 2nd Amendment rights for all legal gun owners and ensuring legal representation for our members who ever have to use a firearm or any lawful weapon. In addition, a cornerstone of our program is education in the area of firearms law.