The Daily Wire team continues to grow! Our Editorial department is expanding and we’re currently looking for a talented new Fact-Checker to add to our team of Editorial professionals.
The Fact-Checker will support the Daily Wire Editorial team by proactively researching and fact-checking for news, opinion, and the podcast(s). You will succeed at this position if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, love details, comfortable working with a high sense of urgency, and possess excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills. If you feel you are the right fit for this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
If you’ve dreamed of writing for the Daily Wire and think you’ve got what it takes to be part of one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Fact-check, copy-edit, or proof-read articles or scripts as scheduled or requested
- Ensure factual alignment between Morning Wire and editorial coverage
- Look for story leads, with an emphasis on original or unreported stories
- Research stories for Morning Wire
- Reach out to subject matter experts when requested
Experience or Requirements:
- Nashville, TN -based position
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field (completed or in process) preferred
- Willingness and eagerness to receive feedback and direction and use it in a constructive way
- Self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative and speaking up
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Excellent command of written English
- A strong understanding of journalistic writing
- A dedication to presenting the facts and placing the truth above personal interests, beliefs, etc.
- Competency with devices, software, and platforms necessary for journalistic writing and online communication
- Knowledge of the political editorial landscape and of the audience of our publication
- G-suite proficiency
Reports to: Editor
Start date: Immediate
Employment type: Full-time; Non-Exempt
Benefits: Health insurance options (medical through BCBS of TN; dental and vision through Guardian); Paid Time Off; 401k (5% match)
To learn more about Daily Wire, please visit the following Daily Wire Facebook and YouTube page links:
Daily Wire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: Daily Wire participates in E-Verify and performs background checks on all new hires. We will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Thank you.
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
About The Daily Wire
Not every company kicks off in a converted garage and expands into one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment - but then again, no other company is the Daily Wire. Built from the ground up by Ben Shapiro and Jeremy Boreing, the Daily Wire started as a side gig and morphed into a political news and commentary powerhouse in just 6 short years. Now, the Daily Wire is producing entertainment content, investigative journalism, multiple chart-topping podcasts, and - you guessed it - some fire memes.