Job Summary: The Event Coordinator supports the Events & Programming team in delivering exceptional experiences designed to amplify and advance Heritage’s impact and mission. The Events & Programming team produces over 5,000 events annually, from high-level roundtables and public programs in our Washington, D.C. headquarters to donor gatherings and multi-day conferences across the country. Support the planning and execution of over 150 in-house programs and events per year in addition to day-to-day operations of the team and occasional support to special events hosted offsite. Supervised by the Manager of In-House Programming.
- Event Coordinating & Execution – Support the coordination and execution of in-house programs and events, including managing high-profile speakers; developing timelines; coordinating audio-visual, security, catering, and facilities needs; coordinating press; leading programming run-throughs; packaging digital content for audience screens; managing stage set-up/breakdown; and identifying Heritage products to promote onsite and virtually. Regularly propose and implement new ideas to improve event processes. Track Heritage anniversaries, product launches, and movement anniversaries to support programming efforts.
- Programming & Content Development – Work alongside In-House Programming team and colleagues to identify content that drives public policy impact with key audiences. Stay informed on current events and Heritage research to suggest new featured speakers and programming ideas.
- Attendee Experience – Support the development of first-rate experiences for onsite and virtual attendees to drive brand awareness, educate/influence Capitol Hill, and inspire everyday Americans. Oversee staffing and volunteers and manage event-day registration and check-in processes.
- Marketing & Registration Oversight – Help create and execute event marketing strategies, including developing invitation and website branding and content, monitoring registration, and supporting recruitment strategies.
- Event Metrics & Assessments – Track event data and conduct post-event evaluations to ensure continuous improvement of events.
- External Partner Space Rentals Support – Track contracting and billing needs for space rentals by external clients while coordinating with internal partners to assure that programs are in alignment with Heritage’s mission and strategic plan. Ensure external clients have seamless and positive experiences working with the Events & Programming team.
- Speaker Management – Track external speaker invitations and contact information to better collaborate with internal partners on invite priorities and coordinated outreach for the organization. Research and propose new opportunities for nontraditional speakers, external partnerships, and program formats to attract new audiences.
- Cross-Functional Support – Provide support across the Events & Programming team on an ad-hoc basis, which includes cross-training on multiple platforms and processes.
- Professional Development – Regularly seek out continuing education, especially on event and program management best practices, trends, and new inspiration, by reading publications, attending seminars, and consulting with other industry professionals.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 2-3 years of relevant experience
Communication: Clear, effective, and gracious written and verbal communication
Technology: Ability to master new software for event registration, email marketing, and virtual events; proficiency in MS Office (familiarity with Marketo or other email marketing platforms a plus)
- Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to think critically and show sound judgement in high-pressure situations
- Policy Familiarity: Understanding of basic ideas of conservatism and American first principles; familiarity with major policy issues and current events
- Organization: Ability to self-organize with a strong attention to detail and handle multiple projects while prioritizing to achieve goals
- Availability: Willingness to work nights and weekends and travel, when necessary
- Mission Alignment: Understanding and support of the Heritage mission and vision for America and the Events & Programming team’s objectives
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
About The Heritage Foundation
Founded in 1973, The Heritage Foundation is a research and educational institution—a think tank—whose mission is to formulate and promote conservative public policies based on the principles of free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom, traditional American values, and a strong national defense.