The Director of Content at PublicSq. will be responsible for developing and executing the company’s content strategy, celebrating our mission and elevating the best businesses on the platform in line with seasonal and culturally relevant moments. The role will work closely with the Sales, Product, and Marketing teams to create compelling storytelling that drives awareness, engagement, and purchase.
The ideal candidate has experience developing content strategies, managing a team of content creators, and crafting compelling messages. The Director of Content will report to the Chief Product Officer.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the execution of a comprehensive content strategy in support of business objectives.
- Serve as the editorial voice for all of PublicSq.’s messaging channels, including on-platform content, email, social media, etc.
- Create fresh, original content that inspires and educates members and business owners, driving both trial and repeat usage.
- Work closely with members of the marketing, product, and sales teams, to ensure that content is aligned with overall strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Product teams to develop an annual content calendar and budget.
- Manage a team of content creators, designers, and videographers, to produce high quality content in alignment with brand standards.
- Manage external agencies or contractors as needed, to supplement content capabilities.
- Develop processes and workflows to efficiently manage the creation and distribution of content. Identify opportunities to repurpose content across channels.
- Leverage analytics to determine content effectiveness that drives ongoing optimization.
- 5+ years experience in content marketing at a high growth, consumer-facing company.
- Proven ability to develop and execute a content strategy across a broad variety of products and services. Marketplace or commerce experience is a plus.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to drive decision-making.
- Highly creative thinker with the ability to generate new ideas.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices.
- Proficiency in graphic design software.
- You share our values and work in accordance with those values.
- Willing to commute to the office in Rancho Santa Fe, CA.
- Ability to travel, when needed.
PublicSq. is a rapidly growing platform that connects freedom-loving Americans with businesses that share their values. Launched in the Fall of 2021, our app and website help members discover a broad range of products and services nationwide.