We are Rumble. We are on a mission to protect a free and open internet. Join us!
We are for the people with something to say and something to share, who believe in authentic expression and want to control the value of their own creations We create technologies that are immune to cancel culture, because everyone benefits when we have access to more ideas, diverse opinions and dialogue.
As a team, we share these core values:
- Authenticity. We stay true to our roots even when we grow, and we don’t sway due to outside influences.
- Open & Free. We champion the ability for people to share their beliefs in an open and respectful way, within our company and on our platform.
- Fast. We move quickly, we learn, and we execute. If this changes, we lose who we are.
- Fearless. We have a vision of a new economy. We are confident. We are energized by challenges. We are anti-monopoly, and we are unafraid to compete with the big guys.
What you will do:
Rumble is seeking a Database Architect to design, setup, run and optimize every aspect of our databases, replication, and database servers.
- Monitor and investigate any performance issues
- Assist or act as primary in designing and optimizing tables and databases for new and existing features
- Work closely with the engineering team
- Provide infrastructure and network requirements for upgrades and new HA database clusters
- Document maintenance and troubleshooting procedures for other staff to follow
- Research new technologies and approaches, and how they can improve existing systems
- Design and assist in the migration of data between clusters, tables, or databases
- Maintain various tiers / clusters of databases with different replication strategies and distribution
- Ensures data integrity and security
- Other duties, as assigned
- 5+ years of relevant experience preforming most of the duties outlined above with progressive responsibility
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Migration specialist or similar role
- Experience with migration of mission critical databases across multiple database platforms
- Expertise in Percona, MySQL, Galera and Linux
- Proven analytical skills
- Must be able to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers
- Must have strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Must demonstrate critical attention to detail
- Expertise in a variety of databases and engines
- Understanding of intermediate network concepts and how they impact database clusters
- Experience working with Scrum and Agile Development methods
- Strong Oral and Written Communication skills
- Strong experience working within Teams
- Excellent Customer Relationship Management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in computer science, information systems, Mathematics, MIS or related field
Rumble is an equal opportunity employer. We promote an equal playing field where everyone has the same opportunities regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time. Required to extensively talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
Rumble.com is an open video platform that sits on a rights management technology. This rights management technology is a machine learning DRM algorithm called Rumble Rank, which automatically scales verification, clearance, discovery and licensing for social (UGC) video.