Business analyst, IT is responsible for bridging the gap between IT and the business. The incumbent will be to proactively partner with business stakeholders and the IT team to understand the business objectives and processes. Through working with business partners, you will identify areas where efficiency and productivity could be improved and translate the business needs to programmer-understandable languages. Essential responsibilities include managing relationships, requirement gathering, analysis, assessing, and planning, business process development and analysis, project coordination, documentation, and training.
Challenges You Will Solve
- Assist Project Manager in managing projects including planning, selection of appropriate methodology (e.g., Agile, Waterfall), compliance (e.g., GDPR), and execution of the project, facilitating project scope, schedule, goals, and deliverables, etc.
- Comprehend the business needs and identify issues to provide holistic solutions
- Lead requirements gathering sessions with business stakeholders to translate business requirements into documentation (e.g., user stories, wireframe, workflow diagrams, data schema, and API, etc.) in accordance with software development methodologies
- Work closely with stakeholders in assessing, planning, and prioritizing collected features
- Coordinate with stakeholders in building a project roadmap
- Model business processes and deliver documentation including use-case scenarios, workflow diagrams, functional specifications (e.g., APIs), and data schema for development
- Prototype business requirements using wireframes as needed
- Work with tech leads, developers, and QA through the implementation of a project
- Independently carry out investigations regarding marketing, technologies, and competitors as required
- B.S. degree or equivalent (master’s degree is preferred) in Information Systems, Computer Science/Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in IT business analysis, IT project management, testing, and/or application support.
- Ability to translate business requirements into programmer-perceivable languages
- Ability to decompose complex problems into straightforward solutions
- Expertise with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) & agile practices.
- Experience with a wireframing tool (e.g., Figma, Adobe XD, Axure RP) is required
- Working knowledge of SQL is required, and expertise of NoSQL is desirable
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; presents effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition is desirable
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Free nationwide insurance coverage includes medical, dental and vision
- Employees pay % contribution if they choose to upgrade their plan and/or add their spouse and children
- Parental leave
- Lunch provided and ordered fresh daily!
Please mention that you found this job from SearchRight when submitting an application. We’d also love for you to send us a message if you apply. This helps our efforts with building relationships and making the job search better for candidates. Thank You
GETTR is one of the fastest-growing social media technology platforms. As a fast-paced start-up, we embody the essence of an entrepreneurial spirit, which means every member of the organization plays an integral role in the development and evolution of the organization. Join us as we work towards a better tomorrow, together.